So when I became a mom, I figured out that naptime was like, the best thing ever. I mean seriously, if you haven’t enjoyed the time your kiddos are napping to the fullest you are missing out. Next to their sweet smiles and angelic kisses it’s my second favorite part of the day.
A lot of times I get asked to do something in the middle of naptime. I always say I’m busy. Everytime. And if I’m out around town I try to be home just in time for naptime. I don’t find pleasure in skipping naps. I just won’t do it. And here’s 5 reasons why…
1. My baby is growing. She is a growing girl. Science somewhere on some website or in some book proves that growing babies need their sleep. She’s growing up and soon I won’t be able to enjoy the peaceful silence that is naptime because she will be too old to take naps. So no sorry I won’t be able to go to lunch today.
2. Melt Downs. I don’t know about you guys but NOBODY wants to stand in the middle of the grocery store check out with a screaming child. Nobody. And if my little angel doesn’t get her nap, boy does she get angry. So I’m not at all interested in being in the middle of store with you when my kiddos decides to go cray cray. Nope.
3. Dinner time chaos. If my little kiddo is tired and cranky from not getting her nap, I will have a permanently attached monster on my leg while I cook dinner. I will have to listen to her whine and screaming because I’m not holding her, while I’m peeling potatoes. It will not be pleasant. I am not interested. Rain check?
4. Goodbye bedtime, goodbye morning routine. If she skips her nap..Watch out because she will get her second wind right after dinner. She will be soooo full of energy. She will be giggling like crazy. Wanting more drink, playing with her toes, and whatever else she can find. Then when it’s time to go to sleep, it will be well before the normal time she is supposed too. She will wake up in the morning way too early and the following days nap will also be screwed up. So again, no thank you, we will have to go to the park at another time.
And last but not least..
5. I don’t want to. I just don’t. Yes I would love to leave in the middle of the day and meet you anywhere you want and engage in adult conversation. There’s only so much Dora can talk to me about. But I just don’t want to give up that 30 mins or hour that I get to eat cookies without sharing. I won’t give up my shower, my time to do dishes, or my sanity. So no thank you. But maybe we can do breakfast?
Hugs! – Kuddos and Kiddos
Check out my Facebook Page!
photo credit: Product of Newfoundland <a href=”http://www.flickr.com/photos/57435450@N00/27008131873″>Sleepy puppy</a> via <a href=”http://photopin.com”>photopin</a> <a href=”https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/”>(license)</a>
photo credit: amelia_reising <a href=”http://www.flickr.com/photos/55325727@N03/6854762520″>Close-Up: Measuring Tape Growth Chart</a> via <a href=”http://photopin.com”>photopin</a> <a href=”https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/”>(license)</a>
photo credit: OnTask <a href=”http://www.flickr.com/photos/22434330@N00/6942841936″>No Tantrums</a> via <a href=”http://photopin.com”>photopin</a> <a href=”https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/”>(license)</a>
photo credit: Ruth and Dave <a href=”http://www.flickr.com/photos/95142644@N00/29989923400″>Huevos rancheros eggs benedict at Jethro’s Fine Grub</a> via <a href=”http://photopin.com”>photopin</a> <a href=”https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/”>(license)</a>
photo credit: Erminig Gwenn <a href=”http://www.flickr.com/photos/9654398@N07/2116438462″>En remontant du port (2)</a> via <a href=”http://photopin.com”>photopin</a> <a href=”https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/”>(license)</a>